Just a quick recap of the 2010/2011 year in the state of Arkansas which included racquetball.
- ARA ended the year with more than 100 players for the third straight year.
- The ARA hosted 7 tournaments in 6 different locations this year.
- The ARA Scholarship recipient for 2010/2011 was Nekeia Rideout from Henderson State
- Jamin Godwin and Erik Leetch won the 2010 State Doubles Championship in Fort Smith.
- Alex Arguelles and Juan Ruiz finished 2nd in the Mens C Doubles at the US Open in Minneapolis.
- Sam Myers finished 2nd in the Juniors intermediate division at the Tornado Alley Tournament in Wichita Falls Texas.
- Casey Garretson and Calvin Godwin finished 3rd in the Doubles gold division at the High School Nationals in St. Louis.
- Casey and Calvin both made it to the quarterfinals of the Singles 1 and 2 gold divisions at the High School Nationals.
- Future star Brett Kernodle won the Mens D division at State singles, be on the lookout for this kid all you B and C players.
- 2011 State Singles was held at the Little Rock athletic club.
- 2011 State Singles had 53 participants including 6 women.
- 2011 State Singles Womens division was the most competitive of the tourney with a three way tie-breaker needed to determine a champion, only 6 point separated Kim Cook 1st, Patti Nichols-2nd, and Bernadette Godwin 3rd.
- Erik Leetch won the 2011 State Open title in an exciting 11-10 tie-breaker over Jamin Godwin.
- Newly elected board members are David Dennis, Pat Duboise, and Erik Leetch.
If I have left anything off or if you want to talk about what you have been doing for the sport of racquetball please comment.